Wednesday, August 19, 2020

June 18, 2020 - Thursday. Van Jones Speaks



Van Jones, the writer, speaks about police brutality and George Floyd, in an excerpt I originally found on TaraBrach.com.n An exceptional piece, Van Jones talking about this miracle of the protests and reactions.  That a black man was murdered and everyone cares.  And the nuance around why that is a miracle.

I know much of my own need and desire to march, to protest, to share the Black Lives Matter slogan is that I want to physically show to the world that I do care, that I'm disgusted by the white supremacists. The presence of my body on the street, I think, means something. Actions matter.  I'm so worried about this nation's slide towards the acceptance and enactment of racism.  Thie ignorance of what racism is, how it operates, what the system does to all of us.

More from him: Van Jones (about) and  Rebuild the Dream

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
 
The conversation continues -- with   More on Black Birders Week June 18 2020
 
 
 
http://vanjones.net/about/
https://www.youtube.com/user/rebuildthedream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noise makers!