Monday, December 19, 2022

Books are here!

Home Turf, A Bestiary of Sonoma State

Those boxes of books I ordered for readings arrived a whole two weeks early!   So I thought I'd park myself at Aqus Cafe in Petaluma, 189 H Street (in The Foundry Wharf), for a few hours, (let's say 3 - 5 p.m.?)  on Tuesday afternoon (Dec 20th) for folks who'd be interested in picking them up from me. 

(I'm also happy to sign books you've already received, if you're so inclined.)

The cost is the same as online: $15 - and I can take Venmo (@ lakin-khan) or cash. This is really a nice little book for those who enjoy birds, creatures, walks in nature - or who have some connection to Sonoma State University - or any campus, really.  It's the perfect size, if I do say so myself, for the Icelandic (also Finnish and other Scandihoovian) tradition of Jolabokaflod (The Christmas Book Flood): that is, giving and reading books on Christmas Eve, everyone cozy with warm throws and slippers, a few hot drinks, perhaps a woodstove or fireplace, cranking it out. Oh yeah!

 It's a slim little book, with lovely illustrations by Shane Weare, Professor Emeritus from SSU - the book is made by these illustrations.


Here I am, goofing off on campus, wings provided by an installation artist as their end-of-the-year project, sometime in the early aughts. 

But -- also here's the Amazon link https://a.co/d/j02xgP2  , just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noise makers!