Saturday, March 21, 2020

March 19, 2020 - Thursday- Dispatches from SIP

Today, Governor Newsom orders the entire State of California to Shelter In Place. The Federal Government  as run by this President, has dropped the ball and now the States have to pick it up. I am glad Governor Newsom is being fierce about all this. And no, I don't blame government in general, because good, responsible government wouldn't have ignored the warnings, played fast and loose with the citizens lives and let this pandemic get away with this.

And so here we are, sitting in limbo, unable to imagine quite what the future will look like.

Jimmy Cliff said it well: 
Sitting here in limbo
Waiting for the dice to roll
Sitting here in limbo
Got some time to search my soul
 
Full lyrics here 


I can not watch or listen to the news and stay sane, so I try to focus on the small things in front of me. Putting some poppies in the ground, listening to the mockingbirds warble their hearts out, fitting in a walk around the marsh trail again. I'm sure soon enough these things will irritate and grind on me, but for now they suffice. And reggae hits the spot, the right blend of sweet music and Resistance in a big way. Try it.

Learning the Zoom Program  today and feeling hopeful that as I contemplate #GarageLife I can invite some friends along with me.   Stir it up, indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Noise makers!