Sunday, March 22, 2020

March 20, 2020 Friday - Dipatches from SIP

First Day of Spring, the Equinox.
This may be spring, but it doesn't feel quite like it. The hills are green, yes, and the pear tree has put out its first little leaf and bud. Pears will be in our future. That we can predict.

Nor does it feel equal or stable or balanced. I have a knitting project that I've started at least three times, and ripped out the beginning because it never looks right, its lopsided, its too big, too small. I think this is more about the knitter than the knitting.

The lack of medical supplies and personal protective equipment for medical staff, is to my mind, absolutely criminal. The Federal Government should release whatever stockpiles they have to support the front lines in this battle against the virus.

Can't even tell you how many appeals for face masks I've seen on NextDoor or from personal friends who work in hospitals or offices. It's overwhelming. Anyone who has them leftover from the fires are sending them to the nearest hospitals.

And now here's the idea of DIY sewing masks for our medical workers. Well, it's something I can do. It reminds me of folks in previous wars making bandages for the front line.  I think I've found a pattern that looks at least a little bit effective.  I've got the cotton and a machine. So off I go. I'll post my results as soon as I get something decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noise makers!