Saturday, April 11, 2020

April 6th, 2020 - Dispatches from SIP: Hike Out For Beer

Today we figured no cars, no stores. But we forgot about no beer.

So we decided to walk to the nearest store of any kind, a 7-11, about a mile away and see what that was like. I mean, we could have driven.  And a few months ago, I would have refused to walk that far. But I've been clocking a mile or two every day now for awhile -- and so, what the heck.  We hiked out for beer.

A low, grey sky, impending rain. It was still damp from the morning's rain. But it wasn't so cold that a jacket, a scarf (that could double as a mask), and some good socks couldn't deal with it. My daughter and I had sturdy canvas bags and plotted the most efficient route through the meandering drives in our neighborhood.

Along the way, I found colors - purple mostly, but yellow too, and pink, the palette of spring and Easter eggs. it became a Color Walk. Try it, it's the most fun - pick a color, take a walk, take notes - and write about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Noise makers!