Friday, July 17, 2009

Can't help myself

...after dinner tonight (carnitas, Mi Pueblo, yes!), stopped in at Copperfield's, my favorite indie bookstore, where they were having a 2 for 1 on all sale books.Yowzers! Even though I'm reading my brains out, I didn't make it out of the store without these six books: Cheating at Canasta, William Trevor; The Florist's Daughter, Patricia Hample; Run, Ann Patchett; What Now? Ann Patchett; Peterson's Field Guide to Birds of North America (2002) and The Welsh Girl, Peter Ho Davies.

Okay, so I've read Run, but I don't own it. Want to keep my Patchett up to date and current. One can always use a good Field Guide. And Peter Ho Davies is teaching at the Napa Valley Conference! I've been reading a library copy of The Welsh Girl and I can tell already it's a keeper. So now I have it. And maybe I'll ask Peter Ho Davies to sign it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noise makers!