Friday, August 14, 2009

To Our Libraries!

A friend of mine, Michelle, who blogs on Stray Carrier Pigeon, has created a fabulous project, visiting 36 libraries in 36 days in the city of San Diego. She notes her journey to the the library, gets some basic info, rates it on four qualities (from 1 to 4 bookmarks), takes some neat photos, checks out a book, reads it (or most of it, anyway) that night, and posts her evaluation, experience and pix. The next day, when she goes to the new library, she returns the previous library's book and takes out another. It's very cool, go check it out:

36 Libraries 36 Days.

In fact it is so cool, I want to do the same in Sonoma County. Michelle gave her blessing on my take-off on her idea, so I'm on it like white on rice, like a tick on a coon dog, like a bad pattern on a cheap rug. (hmmm) We have only 13 branches of the Sonoma County library but I'd only be able to visit once a week. So mine is more like 13 Libraries in 13 Weeks. And I think one of the libraries is more like an expanded, glorified bookmobile, so I might have a bit of tracking to do. But what fun!

Now it's time to get serious about the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Go forth and read well!

    I hope you have as much fun as I am.

    ReplyDelete

Noise makers!