Monday, July 3, 2023

July 2nd - a book of great beauty.

Just finished listening to and reading Foster by Claire Keegan. (yes, I did both; it's that kind of a story). It is as beautiful a book as you'll ever find. The language, the story, the people; I know them so well, they are not characters to me. This is a novella just published as a stand-alone book. I was handed it by Michael of Books & Letters in Guerneville ( more about that bookstore in another post), who I think is one of the best book-sellers I've met, in terms of his ability to suss out what might interest a reader (that is, me - or you or whoever drops by) and hand them something they might love. I had mentioned I was enthralled with This Is Happiness by Niall Williams; then he moseyed over to a shelf and handed me Foster and I knew it was mine. And yes, it was the perfect book. I am not going to offer spoilers, just an encouragement to check it out. Especially at your local indy bookstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Noise makers!